The DeLonghi DD45 45 Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier is a very good choice for small to medium sized rooms that have humidity problems. This dehumidifier is a one-stop solution that is extremely easy to setup and get going, even if you want the permanent drainage option.
The side benefit to this dehumidifier over other options is that it actually comes with a 3 foot long hose that can be easily attached and it will be ready to continuously pull the moisture from the air in the room that it is in.
Features – Benefits:
- Energy star qualified and R410A refrigerant making it a great dehumidifier to save on energy bills.
- Use the easy to use control to set your ideal humidity level.
- LCD electronic controls – making it easy to setup and use.
- You have the option of how you wish to collect the water. You may use either a passive drainage system using the 3’ long hose provided with the dehumidifier or you can use the collection tank and drain as needed.
- Able to setup a 24-hour timer so that you can leave the dehumidifier unattended for extended periods of time.
Product – Shipping Details:
- Dimensions of Product: 11.8” x 15” x 24” / 41.3 pounds.
- Shipping Weight: 41.3 pounds.
- May be shipped to countries outside of the United States.
Pros of the DeLonghi DD45 Dehumidifier:
1. Starts right out of the box – The DeLonghi DD45 45 Pt. dehumidifier is very easy to use because you can take it out of the box and it will work instantly.
2. Pulls out the heat and the water – Using this dehumidifier means that you can enjoy a cooler home as well as a home that is water free.
3. Can run all day long – The DeLonghi DD45 dehumidifier can easily run all day long without any kind of problems.
4. Digital display – This dehumidifier features an easy to read digital display with a good number of settings as well.
5. Comes with a hose to drain – While other dehumidifiers require you to buy your own hose, the DeLonghi DD45 dehumidifier comes with it for you to use right from the box.
6. Easy to adjust the levels – You have options with this dehumidifier. You can set the humidity levels as well as the fan.
7. Is capable to remove water from the air quickly – This dehumidifier is one of the most efficient ones on the market at doing so. With a relatively unknown brand like DeLonghi, you might expect a cheaply made, less efficient system, but most people will be surprised at how well it works.
Cons of the DeLonghi DD45 Dehumidifier:
1. Poor customer service – One reviewer noted that it took them days to get a hold of customer service and that the warranty with the product wasn’t as good as they hoped it would have been.
2. Fan runs constantly – This is a common issue for many dehumidifiers that annoys people and takes up a lot of energy.
3. It runs a little hotter than several other dehumidifiers on the market. There were a few buyers that complained about running the DeLonghi DD45 dehumidifier in locations where the climate was warm.
However, this may not be an issue at all if you are in a cooler climate or intend on using it in a cooler temperatures. The warmth that comes from the dehumidifier does not impact its functionality based on what we have seen and it does not appear to run so hot that it is dangerous to the unit or the things surrounding it.
1. This is one of the only dehumidifiers on the market that is Energy Star compliant. Not only is it a good deal for the money, but I know I’m getting a dehumidifier that saves me money each and every year. It comes with a humidistat, which is really helpful in letting me control the amount of humidity in the air. The controls are all electronic, which I really like, but sometimes I miss the old dial controls.
Overall, this is a super buy and a purchase I would make again in a heartbeat. I own a small repair shop and the floor is sometimes wet because of the humidity, I plug this unit in, and in 24 hours and all the time after that the floor stays dry. I let the water collect in the collection tank and simply empty it out whenever it gets full. Highly recommended.
Samantha, New York City
2. I bought this unit because I needed a 24 hour timer to get the job done. Not only does this dehumidifier go above and beyond my expectations, it also doesn’t cost a whole lot. I have to live on a budget, so when I came across the DeLonghi DD45 dehumidifier for $209.28, I jumped on the deal. It keeps the downstairs area feeling dry and no water accumulates on the floor, which is great!
And, in a house with three kids, you have to be very careful about wet floors. This dehumidifier is everything I expected and more. No longer do I have to suffer through wet and hot conditions, this unit does the trick. Also, it isn’t all that loud although some people say that it is. I also like the electronic controls and the LCD display, it’s really easy to read and apply the settings.