If you are looking for a good dehumidifier for a basement or other areas of a house, then the Frigidaire FAD704DUD 70 Pt. Dehumidifier may be a good solution for you. It is really tailored towards home owners who need a quick and effective solution to humidity problems.
As well, it is Energy Star Compliant meaning that if you intend on using this for a considerable amount of time, then this dehumidifier is built in a manner that will be cost effective on your energy bill.
Features – Benefits:
- Pumps out 70 pints per day of humidity in the air.
- Able to be used continuously if located near an area with a suitable drain.
- Easy to use – Electronic Controls.
- Fan Speeds: 2.
- Suitable to be used in low temperature locations.
Product – Shipping Details:
- Shipping Weight: 48.2 pounds.
- Dimensions: 11.3” wide x 16.1” tall x 24.6” long.
- Can be shipped outside of the United States.
Pros of the Frigidaire FAD704DUD 70 Pt. dehumidifier:
1. It is extremely effective in dehumidifying the air – It is so effective that if you do not have a drain and your humidity is pretty high, you can expect to empty it after three or four hours of use.
2. Is ready to use right out of the box – There is really no setup to it. You simply pull it out, put it in a good location, plug it in, and the controls are very easy to use. There are not too many overly cumbersome controls on it, making it very simple but still effective.
3. Quiet – This dehumidifier is super quiet. Many users had forgotten it was on because of its quietness.
4. It’s easy to empty – If you’ve used dehumidifiers before, you know that some can take a lot of time and effort to empty. This dehumidifier doesn’t take much time at all.
5. Can handle continuous operation – One reviewer noted that they use the machine all day long with little problems. The Frigidaire FAD704DUD dehumidifier can easily handle 24 hour usage without costing a ton of money.
6. Easy to start using – For those new to using a dehumidifier, they will enjoy just how easy the machine is to learn to use.
7. Has wheels so it’s easy to move around – Having a mobile dehumidifier is super important. This one provides you with just that.
8. Removes a good amount of water from the air – Many reviewers compared the machine to a previous dehumidifier. The Frigidaire FAD704DUD dehumidifier did a much better job and was quick about it as well.
Cons of the Frigidaire FAD704DUD 70 Pt. dehumidifier:
1. The Frigidaire FAD704DUD dehumidifier is its small holding tank capacity – It works great, but if you intend on leaving the humidifier running non-stop, you will need to use the drain feature that it has.
2. Gets icy as it ages – Every few days you might notice that the dehumidifier will get slightly icy as it turns more than two years old.
3. Fan is on 24/7 – There is an issue with the fan not turning off even when the rest of the unit is off.
1. This unit is my third purchase of a dehumidifier, and I finally bought the right kind. It shuts off automatically when it’s not needed, which really adds to the life of the unit. Keeping this unit level is very important so the gravity drain works properly.
Otherwise the unit fills with water and you’ll have to empty it out at regular intervals. So far, as long as I keep it level, it works fantastically well. All of my family members know how to use this dehumidifier and the controls are all electronic and simple to use. I figure, if my 7 year old child can understand how to work the unit, then all the better.
As long as you set this unit up right, you can use the gravity drain and not have to empty the tank by hand. Overall, this unit has worked out great and I would buy it again in the future.
Brad, Long Beach
2. This is definitely one of the best dehumidifiers for sale that I could find. It gets rid of an amazing 70 pints of water per 24 hour cycle. It has 2 fan speeds and an all electronic control system.
One of the best things about it that I noticed was that it doesn’t get too hot and doesn’t cause the rooms in my house to get hot. That was a strong selling point for me and I’m glad about that. This dehumidifier is great for basements and anywhere else that needs water removed from the air or floor.
One thing that really impressed me was that it turns itself off when there isn’t a lot of humidity about. This feature has added a lot of life to the unit and without it I probably wouldn’t buy another one. But since it has this functionality, it only works when it’s supposed to.
Anthony, Kansas City