If you are looking for a good dehumidifier for a basement or other areas of a house, then the Frigidaire FAD704DWD 70 Pint Dehumidifier may be a good solution for you. It is really tailored towards home owners who need a quick and effective solution to humidity problems.
As well, it is Energy Star Compliant meaning that if you intend on using this for a considerable amount of time, then this dehumidifier is built in a manner that will be cost effective on your energy bill.
Features – Benefits:
- Pumps out 70 pints per day of humidity in the air.
- Able to be used continuously if located near an area with a suitable drain.
- Easy to use – Electronic Controls.
- Fan Speeds: 2.
- Suitable to be used in low temperature locations.
Product – Shipping Details:
- Shipping Weight: 48.2 pounds.
- Dimensions: 11.3” wide x 16.1” tall x 24.6” long.
Pros of the Frigidaire FAD704DWD 70 Pt. dehumidifier:
1. It is extremely effective in dehumidifying the air – It is so effective that if you do not have a drain and your humidity is pretty high, you can expect to empty it after three or four hours of use.
2. Is ready to use right out of the box – There is really no setup to it. You simply pull it out, put it in a good location, plug it in, and the controls are very easy to use. There are not too many overly cumbersome controls on it, making it very simple but still effective.
3. Quiet – This dehumidifier is super quiet. Many users had forgotten it was on because of its quietness.
4. It’s easy to empty – If you’ve used dehumidifiers before, you know that some can take a lot of time and effort to empty. This dehumidifier doesn’t take much time at all.
5. Can handle continuous operation – One reviewer noted that they use the machine all day long with little problems. The Frigidaire FAD704DWD dehumidifier can easily handle 24 hour usage without costing a ton of money.
6. Easy to start using – For those new to using a dehumidifier, they will enjoy just how easy the machine is to learn to use.
7. Has wheels so it’s easy to move around – Having a mobile dehumidifier is super important. This one provides you with just that.
8. Removes a good amount of water from the air – Many reviewers compared the machine to a previous dehumidifier. The Frigidaire FAD704DWD dehumidifier did a much better job and was quick about it as well.
Cons of the Frigidaire FAD704DWD 70 Pt. dehumidifier:
1. Its small holding tank capacity – It works great, but if you intend on leaving the humidifier running non-stop, you will need to use the drain feature that it has.
2. Gets icy as it ages – Every few days you might notice that the dehumidifier will get slightly icy as it turns more than two years old.
3. Fan is on 24/7 – There is an issue with the fan not turning off even when the rest of the unit is off.