There are many people out there who are looking for an inexpensive dehumidifier for a closet, maybe a small room, or cabinets within their home. If this is you, then the Sunpentown Mini Dehumidifier SD-350 is likely a very good option for you.
- Very attractive design made for cabinets, closets, and small rooms.
- Thermo-electric technology makes this dehumidifier one of the quietest on the market.
- Washable filter, with UV light and TiO2 mesh to kill germs and bacteria from building up on the system.
- Continuous drain option.
- Automatic shut-off if tank is full or removed.
- Small size, but large in functionality.
Product – Shipping Details:
- Product Dimensions: 8” x 5.5” x 14.2” / 4.8 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 7.2 pounds
- May be shipped to countries outside of the United States
The Sunpentown Mini Dehumidifier SD-350 in comparative to other dehumidifiers there are a couple of major differences.
First off is clearly its size. This is really made for those small rooms, closets, bathrooms, and other locations in your home where you have found problems with humidity. It has several features making it a good option just like the larger more expensive options.
The second thing you will notice about the mini dehumidifier is the way it works. This dehumidifier works off of a thermo-electric technology instead of your typical condenser system. The benefit here is demand for electricity.
This one can be ran night and day and use no where near the amount of electricity as a condenser dehumidifier would even if it ran half as much. This is a great dehumidifier if you are looking for a cost effective but functional solution to lowering the humidity in your home.
1. If you want the perfect dehumidifier for a closet or other very small room, this little unit is a great buy. I originally bought this because my closet is right next to the bathroom and often accumulates a mildew like scent. This little machine keeps the closet area nice and dry and without that disgusting smell. It shuts off automatically when it’s full and even comes with a really handy continuous drain option.
Together with the UV light, it kills germs and bacteria and ensures that tight spaced rooms stay clean, dry, and healthy. It’s only 8 inches wide and super quiet even when running at full blast. As far as very small compartment rooms go, this is what you need. The price is also very attractive. $63.80 isn’t a lot to pay so I feel like I got my money’s worth.
2. Good lord is this unit ever small! Wow! As far as size goes, this is about as mini as it gets. There have been times in my life when I really needed this item and didn’t have it. Now that I have it, I’m never letting go! It’s a bit on the cheap side, but for the features you get, it’s really worth it. The UV light does a good job of eliminating bacteria and whatever else is floating around in the humid air. I use this for my crawl space and I couldn’t be happier.
I set it up for continuous drain and it really does the trick. No emptying buckets or anything like that. It’s so quiet you can almost hear a pin drop with it. I think I’m going to buy another one of these for the broom closet. I keep perishables in there and I don’t want them to go bad.